Thursday, June 5, 2008

Freedom

Today I've been thinking about freedom a lot, freedom from our pasts specifically... and what "freedom" actually signifies and how my life has been all about actively pursuing it. However, sometimes I think it's just the figment of my imagination, the concept of actually attaining freedom. For every time I turn around, there something hindering our paths to achieve it. It gets so bloody annoying sometimes, this harping on the same self indulgent nonsense, such as, I had a terrible childhood, my ex boyfriend or rather ex husband ruined my life, my mother and father never loved me, that's why I am the way I am. I am a mess and it's all their fault. It's this ones fault and that ones fault, or worse, we blame God. But who tells us we have to stay stuck in the muck all our lives, licking our wounds like some old bitches (for the politically correct, bitch means dog). Granted, I can only speak for myself, but come on, enough is enough already. When are we just going to snap out of it and realize that life is for the making. And if we are just going to continue to sit around dwelling on our pasts, feeling sorry for ourselves all the time, playing the victim, we are wasting precious time. Because the one thing that never stops is the hourglass of time... it moves, there is constant movement whether we decide to move along with it or continue to stay stagnant... time still trudges forward and stops for noone... So the question is, how long are we going to sit around in the muck of self pity? When will we wake up and finally move forward and grab for that freedom we all long for? The choice is ours.

No comments: