Friday, June 6, 2008

Insanity

Today I was sitting on the train this morning, when I noticed to the right of me, this homeless woman. She was about in her early 60's, of oriental decent and seemed tormented. My heart went out to her as I watched her expressions and how disheveled she appeared. Her legs appeared swollen and she had these huge bags that she was carrying although she was very small in stature. I don't know, but I took pity on her as she sat there alone, noone had a care in the world as they passed her by. How is it that we get so callous? I wondered if she had family and why she was alone like this? I thought of what lead her to be where she is today? If she had any family and if they even cared what happened to her? Then I thought about Jesus... the Bible refers to Him as a man of sorrows, acquainted with grief... Isaiah 53:3 He knows how this woman felt in the deepest recesses of her mind and heart. Jesus understand where she is, and where each of us is at. It is encouraging for me to know that He cares, He cares about that woman in torment as He cares about each one of us.

No comments: