Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Here in My Life...

Goodmorning Saints,

I was listening to this song this morning... this prayer set to music and thinking about Jesus.

I was meditating on the fact that Jesus spent the majority of his time loving the unlovely; thebroken, the poor in spirit, the demon possessed, lunatics, orphans, widows, prostitutes... Jesus was criticized by the Pharisees because He was eating with publicans (tax collectors) and sinners... Matthew 9:11... But I love how Jesus rebutted them by saying in Matthew 9:12, "They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick."

I started to think about how many times I haven't gone to Jesus because I felt I was unworthy, not measuring up or failed Him in some way. Why would He waste His time with me when I constantly mess up... why would He use a person like me, if I don't have my stuff together and I'm broken...

However, I'm slowly realizing that He isn't looking for perfection, but honest humility, as He gives grace to the humble. He says, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

The Pharisees were constantly nit picking Jesus, pointing out something they thought wasn't right or something they thought needed to change... They probably thought, why would the Messiah be hanging out with these low life sinners and not us? The Pharisees thought highly of themselves, so much so, that they walked around acting like they were gods.

They were good at pointing out the defects in everyone else, but not in themselves. They could tell others that they should be doing, but they themselves weren't practicing what they preached. Hmmmm... I wonder how many of us do the same thing? And, how many of us love the unlovely in others? I can admit that I'm guilty as charged as I'm selective. (smile)

However, what if Jesus was selective and excluded me? What if He decided I wasn't good enough to love the unlovely in me? And trust me, there is plenty not to love about me, just ask my husband LOL!

Where would I be today if He didn't accept me a sinner? Or If He didn't want die for me? Thank you Jesus for loving me inspite of myself...

Here in My Life by Hillsong United: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc0r_0Af4FU

Have a blessed day.

In His love,
Sister P.

No comments: