Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Song of the Day by DJ Sister P.

Hey Saints... how is everyone doing today? I'm hanging in... I was listening to this song this morning by Switchfoot... I heard it before, but for some reason, it just stuck out for me this morning...

Lord, "Let my shadows prove the sunshine"... the shadows in my heart, the failures, inadequacies and the flaws... All of these shadows that fill my heart Lord, let your light shine through the crevices, breaking forth in power to show your glory through my broken life... I humbly come before you Lord and confess my failure to be all that I can be for you... I bow before you, with all that I am,the good and the bad Lord and ask that if you will restore all that the devil hasmeant for my destruction and use it for your Glory oh Lord... Please restore to me the years that the locust hath eaten... Joel 2:25.

I pray this today and thank you Lord for loving us all unconditionally. Praise your holy Name, forever and ever, Amen!

"The Shadow Proves The Sunshine"
Sunshine, won't you be my mother Sunshine,
come and help me sing
My heart is darker than these oceans
My heart is frozen underneath

We are crooked souls trying to stay up straight,
Dry eyes in the pouring rain
The shadow proves the sunshine
The shadow proves the sunshine

Two scared little runaways
Hold fast to the break of day light were
The shadow proves the sunshine
Oh Lord, why did you forsake me?
Oh Lord, don't be far away away

Storm clouds gathering beside me
Please Lord, don't look the other way
Crooked souls trying to stay up straight
Dry eyes in the pouring rain
The shadow proves the sunshine
The shadow proves the sunshine
Two scared little runaways
Hold fast to the break of day light were
The shadow proves the sunshine
The shadow proves the sunshine

Yeah Yeah, shine on me
Yeah Yeah, shine on me
Yeah Yeah, shine on me
Yeah Yeah, shine on me
Crooked souls trying to stay up straight
Dry eyes in the pouring rain
The shadow proves the sunshine
The shadow proves the sunshine
Two scared little runaways
Hold fast to the break of day light were
The shadow proves the sunshine
The shadow proves the sunshine
Yeah Yeah, shine on me
Yeah Yeah, shine on me
Yeah Yeah, shine on me

Shine on me,
Let my shadows prove the sunshine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypSz8WqRc_M

In His love,
Sister P.

No comments: