Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Book Review for Blogging for Books: Ninety Days of God's Goodness by Randy Alcorn

This book is precisely what I needed.  I have to say that since I signed up to review free Christian books, I have been so blessed.  These books have been an answer to prayer. 

Ninety Days of God's Goodness by Randy Alcorn is an awesome devotional.  Last week, I found myself in tears after reading it and immediately went into prayer.  Randy Alcorn writes with such truth, depth and intensity.  I really like how he incorporates true stories within this devotional as well.

This devotional talks about why there is suffering and how despite all of the pain and suffering that we experience here on earth, God is good.  Each day presented a new nugget of truth that left me ruminating. 

He starts out each day with a portion of Scripture, then his devotional and he ends it with a short prayer.  It's just absolutely wonderful to start your day.  I really enjoyed reading it each morning.  I will read through it again, there is just so much information to glean from and it's very encouraging. 

If you are looking for a devotional that will speak into your heart and life, I highly recommend this one.  You definitely won't be disappointed.

No comments: