Monday, May 9, 2011

Booksneeze Review: Reggie

I just had the pleasure of finishing a book I received for free to review from Booksneeze.  The title of the book is called Reggie by Reggie Dabbs with John Driver.

I have to admit, that I never heard of this guy before in my life.  I didn't know anything about him at all and had no reference.  I actually like the title, "You can't change your past, but you can change your future." and he does just that by using real life and personal illustrations throughout his book. 

Without giving too much way, Reggie Dabbs was considered another statistic, however, throughout his book, he walks you through how he overcame his past and changed his future. And he believes, you can too, which is the premise of his book.


When I first received the book, I wasn't sure what to expect.  But I couldn’t put this book down; it was amazing.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading about his life.  I cried in some parts and laughed in others. 

His book is so refreshing and full of wisdom.  I was left thinking a lot about what he wrote. Especially when he interweaves biblical stories and creatively connects it to his own story.

Reggie overcame great odds from his childhood to adulthood. He didn’t have it easy, which is why he is such an inspiration to me. Despite the various challenges he faced, he never gave up by the grace of God.  He also maintained a healthy sense of humor as well.

This book gave me a different perspective on adversity and viewing one’s own life. I honestly got a lot out of reading this book and would highly recommend it to anyone; young or old. 

No comments: