Friday, September 23, 2011

Bethany House Book Review: Spiritual Warfare for Women by Leighann McCoy

Leighann McCoy is a sought-after speaker and writer. She is the prayer and woman's minister at a large Southern Baptist church where her husband serves as pastor, and she has written a number of devotionals and Bible studies for women.  She lives with her family in Franklin, Tennessee.

ISBN 978-0-7642-0890-4



This book was written as a means of equipping women in spiritual warfare.  Leighann McCoy wrote this book from her own personal standpoint with regards to her struggles with spiritual warfare. 

She stated in the Introduction, that while writing this book she was experiencing her own battle with spiritual warfare.  As she was diagnosed with colon cancer, her church faced $250,000 in flood damage, and her eighteen-year-old daughter had just moved in with a boyfriend. 

The book is written in four sections:

1.  The Most Powerful Weapon of All - the Love of God
2.  The Enemy Exposed
3.  The Targets in Our Lives
4.  Victory is Mine

Unfortunately,  I didn't find this book to be the best book I've ever read on the topic of spiritual warfare.  I honestly had difficulty reading this book as I thought it was a bit long winded.  However, on the upside, I can appreciate Leighann McCoy's transparency and humility in her writing.  She really conveys her heart and desire for women to really know who they are in Christ.  Her personality definitely shines through the pages and I took a liking to her as a result.  I also believe she is a good teacher.  I enjoyed how she incorporated analogies and also retold bible stories with her own creative twist which made the characters alive.

I would recommend this book to women who are new believers.  I believe it gives a good breakdown, helpful tools to memorize scripture and heartfelt prayers at the end of each chapter.

Disclosure: I want to thank Bethany House for sending me a complimentary copy of this book as part of their book reviewers program.

To order this book, please visit:

http://www.christianbook.com/spiritual-warfare-for-women/leighann-mccoy/9780764208904/pd/208903?item_code=WW&netp_id=871921&event=ESRCG&view=details

http://www.amazon.com/Spiritual-Warfare-Women-Winning-Friends/product-reviews/076420890X/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

No comments: