Monday, September 5, 2011

MOODY PUBLISHERS BOOK REVIEW: "All In" by Mike Guzzardo

MIKE GUZZARDO travels the United States and the world speaking to over 150,000 people per year inspiring them to a deeper commitment to Christ. He spent six years serving full time at Teen Mania Ministries where he helped mobilize students and young adults for short term mission trips. Mike is a frequent speaker at conventions and conferences such as Acquire the Fire. Mike currently resides in Texas with his wife, Alicia and daughter, Bella.




Life is so amazing.  I was able to read and review this book, thanks to Stephanie Smith's tweet on Twitter.  I now know it was the Lord's doing.  He made it possible for me to read and review this awesome book.   I want to take this opportunity to thank Stephanie Smith and Moody Book Publishers for the opportunity in sending me this free book to review. 


Have you ever asked yourself these questions:  Do you feel like you are missing out on something?  Do you feel overwhelmed by choices or temptations?  Are you spiritually dissatisfied?  Do you want to live an overcoming life?   Well then, this book is for you! 

I admit that for years I've asked myself these same questions and more.  Just prior to reading this book, I was thinking about how I wanted to experience joy and live a more abundant life in Christ.  But I couldn't for the life of me figure out how until I read this book.  Let's just say, that "All In" goes all in and then some!

This book was so tremendously helpful to me, that I want to read it again.  It is like an instruction manual on how to live a victorious life in Christ.  It was written with practical applications to make this a reality in your daily life.  I know this book was written with young adults in mind, however, even though I'm 44, I got so much out of this book that it was mind blowing.  I have to admit that it both challenged and convicted me. 

The subtitle "Finding true life on the path to total surrender", is the premise of this book.  It is in our surrendering that we find true freedom.  I so related to Mike Guzzardo's life story as well; one of the things he mentioned is how he struggled with insecurity and being accepted by others.

Mike Guzzardo takes you on a personal journey, that once you finish, you won't be the same. This book is definitely life transforming and I highly recommend it to everyone.

No comments: