Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Tribute to Jesus



"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful."  (Revelation 21:5)

I was listening to the above song, This is What You Do... You Make Come Alive.  I was really paying attention to the lyrics and found myself rejoicing as I was walking to work this morning.  I began to remember where I was as opposed to where I am today.  It was enough to want to stop and shout "Hallelujah!" right there in the middle of rush hour.  I was filled with an overwhelming sense of gratitude which made my heart overflow with joy. 

As I meditated on what Jesus did for me on the Cross, memories flooded my consciousness.  He reminded me of all the things He saved me from.  I wanted to jump and leap because my heart was full of thanksgiving.  I was in awe of God's love.  His love for us is so great and beautiful beyond description.  When I get glimpses of how great He is, my heart wants to explode.  I don't know whether to cry, laugh, jump, shout, sing or dance... but it is the most amazing feeling... nothing compares to Him.  Like the song says, He makes me come alive and it's like I'm living for the first time. 

I am a living testimony of just how great our God is.  How He transforms lives by His power.  What He has done in my life, only He could have done.  No sleight of hand nor human wisdom could do such a perfect work.  He is the creator of Heaven and Earth.  All He needs to do is say one word and it comes into existence.  His Word is life and it is living water.  His Word refreshes and renews.  His Word changes the hardest heart and transforms the sickest mind.  His Word pierces the darkness and make things new.  Praise to the one and only Jesus Christ.  Glory be to God!!

Jesus embodies and encompasses the greatest love that exists in the entire universe.  I am utterly grateful that He came down, suffered and died for my sins so that I can be set free.  So that I can experience His love, His presence, His peace and have a new life.  A life worth living for... thanks to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  
 
"I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek." (Romans 1:16)  I will shout it on top of the highest mountain, or in my case, on the top of the Empire State Building.  I don't mind looking like a fool for Christ because I'm absolutely crazy in love with Him!

On this Good Friday, I want to give tribute, honor and thanksgiving to Jesus Christ.  Jesus, thank you... thank you for dying for me, for saving me, for loving me and for changing me.  There is none like you Jesus.

"Forasmuch as there is none like unto thee, O LORD; thou art great, and thy name is great in might." Jeremiah 10:6

Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday.


No comments: