Sunday, May 20, 2012

Worthy Publishing Book Review: My Big Bottom Blessing by Teasi Cannon


ISBN 978-1-61795-076-6
Trade Paper
List Price: $14.99
Trim Size: 5 3/8" x 8"
224 w/ study guide
Purchase at: AmazonCBD
Worthy Publishers: Book Website

Description
_____________________________________________________________________


Teasi Cannon's lifelong battle with body image nearly destroyed her.  Yet today she feels blessed--not because the size of her lower half has changed but because her perspective has.  In her often hilarious, no-nonsense style, Teasi's gut-honest journey and transparent insights will propel every one of us who struggles with... you name it: bad hair or chubby cheeks, skinny arms or wide hips... to realize our value and beauty.  Even if nothing ever changes on the outside.

Review
_____________________________________________________________________


"I let my doctors (not Vanity Fair or Cosmo) tell me if I'm physically healthy,
and I let God alone assign my value." - Teasi Cannon

My Big Bottom Blessing was a God send.  I couldn't help being amazed by the parallels and similarities of Teasi Cannon's life and my own.  Except for the fact that she is way funnier than me. 

Teasi Cannon is a gifted writer and entertaining storyteller.  She writes about difficult topics with ease and makes them understandable to the reader.  She also writes with humor, authenticity and transparency. 

In My Big Bottom Blessing, Teasi Cannon's writes about her own struggles with weight, which coincidentally happens to be one of my struggles.

Since childhood, I've struggled with my weight, inheriting the slow metabolism gene.  I was a chubby kid which resulted in my being made fun of a lot.  Unfortunately, between being ridiculed and other factors which this book discusses at length, I developed a complex. You can call it low self esteem, bad body image or self image. As a result, shame is associated with my weight and body image. 

I am thankful to have received a complimentary copy of this book from Handlebar Marketing to read and review.  This book brought clarity and changed my perspective on many levels.   

My Big Bottom Blessing helps dispel the lies women believe about themselves. If you are a woman struggling with weight, self esteem, body image or anything hindering you from seeing yourself the way God sees you, I encourage you to get this book.  My Big Bottom Blessing will completely change your life!

To win a free copy of this book, please leave a comment.  The winner will be randomly selected by May 27th.

Teasi (pronounced Tee See) Cannon is married to her best friend, Bill, and they have three awesome children: Carli, Ben and Sam.  Teasi has a master's degree in pastoral counseling from Liberty Theological Seminary and is a sought-after speaker who loves to help woman remember who they are in Christ.  Visit her at: www.teasicannon.com

3 comments:

New Christian Books said...

Great review of a fabulous book! It’s been said that real change happens
when we become aware of the negative self-talk in our heads, and replace it
with positive messages. This book takes it a step further. Rather than just “thinking
positive,” she became deeply aware of God’s love for her. Knowing she was God’s
beloved made it possible for her to love herself. I know all women, regardless
of size, will appreciate Teasi Cannon's honesty and spiritual insights.

New Christian Books said...

It’s been said that real change happens
when we become aware of the negative self-talk in our heads, and replace it
with positive messages. This book takes it a step further: rather than just “thinking
positive,” she became deeply aware of God’s love for her. Knowing she was God’s
beloved made it possible for her to love herself. I know all women, regardless
of size, will appreciate Teasi Cannon's honesty!

Pilar Arsenec said...

 Thank you so much for your comment.  Yes, I agree it all stems from our minds, our thought life.  Teasi Cannon is amazing.